A Real Surprise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This started as an experiment that didn't go too well at first. The blank broke when I went to trim the end and after reglueing it I tossed it on a bench and forgot about it. When I was turning today, I saw it sitting there and was about to toss it in the trash when I decided to turn it and see what it looks like. I am happy I did that, I really like the results of this one. The hardware is a TN gold cigar and the blank is a Cholla cactus skeleton that I had cast with some silmar and mica. What do you all think about this one?

Attachments

• IMG_4811.jpg
    IMG_4811.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 485
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Wow, you gotta love that cholla!!! I am curious though, when you cast it, did you put it under pressure? If not, did you have any probs with bubbles? the reason i ask is because i have some of that stuff and wondered how easy it would be to just throw in a mold and pour?

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Wow, you gotta love that cholla!!! I am curious though, when you cast it, did you put it under pressure? If not, did you have any probs with bubbles? the reason i ask is because i have some of that stuff and wondered how easy it would be to just throw in a mold and pour?
Yes, I do put it under pressure, I usually run 3 pots at a time.

Top Bottom