The real Mardi gras closed end Jr Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is what I have come up with for my Mardi Gras blank. It is purple,green and yellow with a touch of gold in it. All colors have a touch opaque added but not enough to drown out the mica sparks. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome. Still would like more feedback on the mirror.
Brian Kort
KnB pen blanks

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

IMG_9651.JPG

IMG_9652.JPG

IMG_9653.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

Very nice blank. I like the 1st pic with the mirror. But i cant tell what plating is on the pen from the picture. Maybe if they were a tad less blurry, they would be awesome.

dansills

Awesome blank ... Lose the mirror

Love the blank and pen... I think I speak for many when I tell you that I am very envious of your photo method that you already do. Definitely lose the mirror!

Jjartwood

Great blank! real nice job on the pen, the mirror I think takes away from then pen
A pen like that can stand on it's own merits and needs no other distraction.

I would leave the mirror to someone that needs a distraction,that pen and blank do not!
please put my vote in the loose the mirror pile

Drstrangefart

THERE'S Mardi Gras colors. Nice! I vote to ditch the mirror. The work stands on its own very well. The mirror makes the pen and reflection compete for attention. And I have a VERY short attention span.

watchman7

Great shape on the closed end and leaving off the two bands gives the pen really nice balance. Overall a super looking pen. Not liking the miror effect so much.

I like the depth of color in the blank. As for the mirror, is there a way to make it darker? It might look better that way. When the pen is directly on top it is a little distracting. When propped up it looks pretty good.

Top Bottom