This is the real deal!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

I have made this one from scratch on my Manual Lathe Yesterday. The twist mechanism is in the back. I have dressed it with a Brooks blank.

All comments are welcome.

Small%20Marksman3.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I'm diggin it.

What kind of price range do you think that would run, WHEN you start offering them.:biggrin:

So glad you guys are making US made "kits" now. And I hope that you have some healthy competition in that regard some day.

Brooks803

That looks amazing Constant! The styling is superb, elegant with a bit of flair. Fit-N-Finish are spot on and that blank is very fitting if I do say so myself. I'll be watching for the release date.

PenMan1

I love the blank. I love the the long, slinder lines. Not a fan of the hardware. The metal looks like stainless steel (that could be the photo).

Superb work! Classic lines!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We will have more info regarding price and schedule in the near future on a differnet thread as we can't post that here.

Thanks for the comments.

Even though you're not posting price and schedule, you are ADVERTISING that you're going to be selling them. We're really trying to contain advertising in the correct forums, and this isn't one of them.

Help us keep the place tidy, will you please?

If you want to generate some buzz over this cool pen, You could hop right over to the Market Research Forum, post this photo and whatever else and say, "hey, would you buy them?" What more could you want?

I would consider it a personal favor if you'd help confine advertising to the Marketplace.

THANKS!

Russell Eaton

Some day you will learn how to actually USE some of that equipment/toys you have. All joking aside that is a KILLER looking pen and is spot on from the photo you showed me last week. GREAT JOB!!! and brooks I think it would look better in WOOD! lol

bitshird

Constant, that's a fine piece of work, I like the lines and the top twist, you'd bee a great asset to most machine shops. But I'm glad you are on your own, so you can develop pens like this.

Make a 52 TPI tap

This is what you do if you do not have a 52 tpi thread cutting tap.
I had to make this tap to cut the threads for the twist mechanism. I have used W1 tool steel and hardened it to about 54+/- Rockwell and it cuts the stainless like butter.

Jon-wx5nco

This is what you do if you do not have a 52 tpi thread cutting tap.
I had to make this tap to cut the threads for the twist mechanism. I have used W1 tool steel and hardened it to about 54+/- Rockwell and it cuts the stainless like butter.

Each day that I come on IAP, I am simply amazed by the talent that you guys have. Very nice work and a nice solution to a "problem"
Jon

marksman

I am still wondering how he cut the radius on the grip section with a manual lathe :confused: I guess it's like rubbing you head and patting your stomache at the same time...or is it rubbing your stomache and patting your head? Whichever it is, pretty talented to say the least.

glycerine

I am still wondering how he cut the radius on the grip section with a manual lathe :confused: I guess it's like rubbing you head and patting your stomache at the same time...or is it rubbing your stomache and patting your head? Whichever it is, pretty talented to say the least.

To file or not to file... THAT is the question!

Top Bottom