Real Damascus Emporer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I was lucky enough to get a Damascus Steel rod at the MPG last year (2012) from Exotics. It remained hidden in my shop for many months, and I had thought it was lost. I ran across it in some cleaning out and found it hiding in some random stuff. Roy was gracious to agree to get it milled for me for an Emporer.

During the milling of the rod, a portion blew out, and the thought was that this great piece of metal was beyond hope. Instead of just putting it on the components, I suggested we have two more areas milled out to match the first one. Low and behold, we have a winner!

All I can claim in the creation of this pen is the ideas and the pressing in of the pen components. The nib is an 18K Black on Black Jowo nib from Meister.

Thanks for looking!

P8200412.JPG P8200410.JPG P8200417.JPG P8200418.JPG P8200416.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

Wow, you did a good job of concealing the blowout. looks intentional now. Very cool.
I have a few knives made from Damascus steel, always looks good.
I've been wanting to try turning this stuff, but wanted to wait till I got my CNC tailstock fixed.

Great match up with the kit.

Buzzzz4

I'm thinking it's a bit heavy for the average consumer. But it's really neat to look at!

2.5 oz / 70 gm with the cap off
4.2 oz / 120 gm with the cap on

Any ideas on pricing something like this? I would love to hear your ideas (PM works as well)

OKLAHOMAN

Eric, I'm so glad that I had a small part in making that very special blank a reality. You were so right in wanting 2 more "blow outs" .

OKLAHOMAN

At the right venue easy $1,000 to $1,200.

I'm thinking it's a bit heavy for the average consumer. But it's really neat to look at!

Any ideas on pricing something like this? I would love to hear your ideas (PM works as well)

Buzzzz4

At the right venue easy $1,000 to $1,200.

That sounds fabulous and would cover the family counseling nicely. Here's hoping I can find that venue.

Last edited:

wiset1

Yeah, I still have 4 rods of Damascus just sitting in my drawer...really gotta do something with them. Yours looks great!

Top Bottom