REAL CIGAR FIRST ATTEMPT (AND NOT THE LAST)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

morning everyone. haven't turned in a little while but been popping in every so often to see what people are up to. unbelievably work as always. and loving seeing the new turners. especially the ladies and younger people. (man i feel old now)

any ways. i needed to turn the other day but none of my kits was calling out to me so it was time to try something new. my first ever cigar. for a first go, it turned out pretty good. the pen isn't centered by a long shot but as long as you pick the right thread it lines up nice. after making this i checked out the library and there is an amazing tutorial there. i will be following that one next time.

i used the guts from a baron and a piece of walnut that i cross cut to get a little more swirl in the grain.
sorry for the horrible pictures. i wasn't gonna post but i miss you guys so damn much i decided to post from work with crappy cell phone pics.

Attachments

• CIG1.jpg
    CIG1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 258
  • CIG2.jpg
    CIG2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kingkeyman

I made one from the tutorial a couple months back, and the first guy I showed it to bought it. He wouldn't let go of it, asked me if I would follow him to an atm. it was hilarious.

Top Bottom