Ready, Set, GLOW!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Here's a modified slimline in some Dymondwood I got off Fangar. At first thought the green would be a waste of money, but then I came up with this:

Not too shabby...
glow1.jpg

Hmmm,.... what are these bands made from:
glow2.jpg

Turn out the lights and:
glow3.jpg

I filled it with some superpowered phosphorescent powder. This stuff glows like mad. Get it charged up and it'll glow while the lights are still on!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Sure man, I may be doing it a little early, I've got to get to Chris' a little early. I'll try to hold off till people show though.

The powder came from http://www.readysetglo.com/

I've got enough to make some glowing PR pens, just dont have the time, lol

rapost

Wow! It glows by day with that Dymondwood and it glows by night!!! If anybody nearby tried to glow, your finish throws it right back at them!! Amazing!! Just be careful around amorous lightening bugs......[:p]

Skye

Thanks guys, yeah it was strange, as I was turning it down it would glow occasionaly. I guess for some reason the metal of the tools were charging the powder. Crazy.

TBone

Skye, I'm going to start calling you the King of Bands. The bands look good with the blank with the kit. The fact that they glow is just GRAVY. Great work. If it wasn't so far, I'd drive down just to see you turn one

Skye

You could always drive to Bubbasville in December. Take the wife on a nice 'vacation' to Atlanta. (bahhahaaaaa)

Skye

Heh, you just about could. I havent had time to really test the stuff, but you're supposed to be able to charge it for a few hours and get something like 8 hours worth of glow time out of it. I dont know how bright it'll be though. I bet if you made a whole pen from it you could do that. Then again, it would be smarter to write while the pen is charging, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom