Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Comments and critiques are welcome.

2005731443_Rattlesnake.jpg

New picture:

2005750559_Rattlesnake4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Gotta love 'em! When these come out right they are gorgeous and yours came out right! I made one this week but sold it before I could get a picture. Nice job, Lou. Keep 'em coming.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks one and all for the comments. I wasn't real interested in making a snakeskin pen until I got one from Don Ward (its_virgil). His mastery of the style made me want to do one in a slightly larger format. PastorBill--these skins were cast in polyester resin so you do not feel the scales. The price on the blanks from AS seem like an amazing bargain!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Dang Lou, that pen looks so real it should have two nibs (fangs)! [:D] That is the first pen that makes me want to consider making a snakeskin pen. Like Jim Stafford, I don't like spiders and snakes. [:eek:)]

M

Mudder

Here's my critique.

Dang Lou,

This is the second pen that you have shown that has dropped my jaw!

I think that says all that I need to say.

Scott

jenamison

He probably got the skin from BB at www.arizonasilhouette.com and that kit looks like a Jr. Statesman. The skins that BB is selling say they are for a Baron kit, but the Baron and Jr. Statesman use the same size barrels. He'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, again, for the generous comments. Mike, you are right about the kit (although it's the "old version"). The blanks I got in a 3-way horse trade, but Bill B (www.arizonasilhouette.com) may have the same source. As for those of you who don't like spiders and snakes, I'm with you. Blame it on Don Ward (its_virgil) who may me such a cool snakeskin Atlas that I wanted to do one myself! [8D]

JimGo

Lou,
That pic looks better, though I think now there is a little too much light. The stand makes the pen look like it is floating, though, which is a neat touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom