Rattle Snake Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinterinfinger

Hi all fellow turners, just wanted to share my first snake skin pen with black titanium fittings.

I finished the turning process using the skew chisel (very sharp) and wet sand all the way through to 2000 grit and the polished with Hut polish. And then sold the pen a week later for a very good price.

Please comment.
Regards Mervyn

200852822236_titsnake.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Just how much would a snakeskin pen fetch. I know it depends on the kit used but for the pen above give me a rough idea. Since St. Patrick ran all the snakes out of Ireland they would be very unique here :D:D:D:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A pen like that will go for $60-$150 depending on who you ask -- IMO!!

I BELIEVE $100+ is fair.

Let the debate begin.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Seeing as it's a ballpoint pen, I'd say $95. And weren't St. Patrick's snakes really the Druids? Now I bet a Druid-skin pen could fetch a fair bit more. [8D]

philb

That looks awesome!

Very stealth in black!
Do you mind me asking what kind of price you got for that one? Just as a comparison as to what i sell my wooden cigars for!

Cheers PHIL

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice pen Mervyn ! I too am curious about the pricing . Although , I realize that is personal . Thanks for posting !

Hi all many thanks for all your postings. I think your all be shocked as how much I sold this pen for, I done a craft fair a few weeks ago with may items on display I sold two carved fruit bowls (Australian Burls, Coolabah) for £120.00 each and some other items on the table then a guy walk up to stall at the end day and picked up the snake skin pen and he said now I like that pen, I had already put a price on the pen before the craft day for £100.00 and he said I will take it and paid me cash there and then.

Yes folks that's $200.00

Thanks for your comments.
Mervyn

bitshird

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Seeing as it's a ballpoint pen, I'd say $95. And weren't St. Patrick's snakes really the Druids? Now I bet a Druid-skin pen could fetch a fair bit more. [8D]
I have several friends that would object to that, since they are O.B.O.D.. What about a St.Patrick skin pen, [}:)];)

Top Bottom