Rattle! Rattle! Rattle! (rattlesnake cigar pen)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

This is a black titanium cigar pen with rattlesnake skin. I love this stuff and will be doing plenty more. They seem to get some super nice comments and several has ask to buy some so that's a good sign.

IMG_4425.JPG

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

i wasn't saying it's a bad thing, it's just something i noticed and i thought you might have had a reason.
like i said, the pen looks fantastic

i got to break out and pay the extra and get me some blanks and try it out

edstreet

indeed it does flow better all in one direction.
would have been better if i was able to cut both sections from a larger block instead of getting 2 precut blocks. It still looks good this way and this is my pen :)

Ed

GaryMGg

Looks real nice Ed; enjoy the scaly little creature [:D]
You did a superb job fitting it to that kit.
Yep, I'm a tad jealous. Can't wait to make my own. [;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by edstreet
<br />indeed it does flow better all in one direction.
would have been better if i was able to cut both sections from a larger block instead of getting 2 precut blocks. It still looks good this way and this is my pen :)

Ed

That is all that matters in the end. I hope you didn't take my comments as insulting to a nice piece of work.

edstreet

Originally posted by wdcav1952

That is all that matters in the end. I hope you didn't take my comments as insulting to a nice piece of work.

Insulting? Not at all! Try Super helpful. I actually enjoy feedback like this, it gives me extra room to grow and further develop what skill(s) I do have.

Ed

alamocdc

Ed, overall I think you did a fine job on it. However, I have two points for you, if you don't mind. 1) It appears that the upper blank (clip end) needs to be pressed together a bit further as you can see light between the blank and the CB. 2) The upper end of the lower blank appears rather abrupt where it meets the rounded pressed in threaded part. Ed (Ed4Copies) Brown recently shared his method for making this transition appear less abrupt and I've liked the results. Instead of leaving that end square, he rounds it over just a tad. Please don't take this as being critical. Just trying to give you some pointers.[^]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by hughbie
<br />i have been wanting to try the very same thing. it looks great but i have one question.

did you put the lay of the scales opposite of each other for a reason?

He did it that way because he probably saw one I made that way and he wanted to copy it.

2007917161757_rofl.gif
<br />

edstreet

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Ed, overall I think you did a fine job on it. However, I have two points for you, if you don't mind. 1) It appears that the upper blank (clip end) needs to be pressed together a bit further as you can see light between the blank and the CB. 2) The upper end of the lower blank appears rather abrupt where it meets the rounded pressed in threaded part. Ed (Ed4Copies) Brown recently shared his method for making this transition appear less abrupt and I've liked the results. Instead of leaving that end square, he rounds it over just a tad. Please don't take this as being critical. Just trying to give you some pointers.[^]

Not at all critical, after all one can not learn from their mistakes and fix them if they are not aware of what they are.

The rounded end on the middle was the only thing I was not 100% happy with. I think I should have chose another material to use for my first cigar pen but this one I wanted to use. The next ones I make will have this issue addressed. I also did not want to pull the caps off and redo the edges so I decided to keep this one for myself.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom