Rattle and Cobra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

Here are some castings I made with them. For anyone new to casting skins read the tutorial from Don and don't skip steps such as not painting the tubes; they will show through :(
On the cobra one I can't figure why it seems like the PR did not fully stick to the skin. I cleaned them with denat alcohol to make sure there was mo oils from my fingres. I guess I have to try some more.
Thanks for looking and your comments

2007102592253_Cobra-and-Rattle.jpg

200710259224_Cobra.jpg

2007102592222_Rattle-03.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Originally posted by alxe24
<br />Here are some castings I made with them. For anyone new to casting skins read the tutorial from Don and don't skip steps such as not painting the tubes; they will show through [:(]
On the cobra one I can't figure why it seems like the PR did not fully stick to the skin. I cleaned them with denat alcohol to make sure there was mo oils from my fingres. I guess I have to try some more.
Thanks for looking and your comments

Sorry to read you are less than pleased with these. Tell you what, send them to me. I will take good care of "orphans" like these. [:D][:p][}:)]

These pens look great from here.

Tim

les-smith

Man, I've got to try some of those. I don't cast, but after seeing those I sure need to buy some. Great pens, the color combination is on the spot. Great photos also.

its_virgil

The casting came out great and so did the pens. For tube painting I use a flat green from from colors used in Camoflauge designs. The can's label is CAMO PAINT but I forgot which brand. I get it at Sutherlands just because it is close to me.

I tried some cobra and the skin seemed to soak up the resin and turned very dark and a couple of spots did not allow the resin to stick.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom