Rated -Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

My first Zen's,

Blue box elder burls

IMG_0280.jpg

A natural stabilized box elder burl
IMG_0281.jpg

The jury is still out on them, it's hard to do group shots of these as they have an uncontrollable "Attraction" to each other....I wonder if they breed like rabbits....:D

IMG_0284.jpg

CLINK!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville

The jury is still out on them, it's hard to do group shots of these as they have an uncontrollable "Attraction" to each other....I wonder if they breed like rabbits....:D

I have only seen a couple of these that I like. Your craftsmanship looks good, kit just doesn't work for me.

If Zen pens did breed, would they have "STRETCH" marks?

Galanw

They look great, but I fear the effects of the magnets on electronic devices. Put one in a pocket with a PDA or cell phone (or on a laptop)and poof...data gone. Who wants to take that chance?

Ligget

Fantastic pens Jim, beautiful Box Elder Burls but I especially like the white one, is that an acrylic?[:p]:D

I am not sure if I will ever add these to my inventory due to the concerns, but they are a nice pen!:D

Originally posted by workinforwood

The pens look great. The kit, I don't know either. I'm curious how it feels when you write with it because the transition from pen to nib is quite drastic and square.

To me the pens feel light in the hand with out the cap, makes sense, so little hardware...but post the cap and the pen feels unbalanced to me.

I wanted to thank every one for your kind comments, I'll let you know how the weekend goes and if they Sell then they stay, if they don't...Merry Christmas Gifts!;)

mwechtal

Originally posted by Galanw

They look great, but I fear the effects of the magnets on electronic devices. Put one in a pocket with a PDA or cell phone (or on a laptop)and poof...data gone. Who wants to take that chance?
That would only be a problem with devices that use magnetic media. You should be safe with PDAs, Cell Phones, and most MP3 Players. Because they use flash memory, not magnetic media. At least I don't know of any PDAs or Cell Phones with hard drives. Some MP3 players have a very tiny hard drive, and certainly laptops have hard drives, although flash drives may be an option soon.
Mike

Top Bottom