Rat Rod Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

:bananen_smilies026: A Rat Rod is usually something put together from scrounged or left over parts, thus the Rat Rod Pen. It was put together from at least parts from 4 different kits I had left over in my spare parts bins. The base is the large end of a Spirit pen so it could stand by itself on a desk. Threaded parts and nib section were in parts bin and fit the 3/8 "tubes. Clip is unknown part in box as well as clip holder and final. Blank is, I believe, cross cut or end grain Tulip wood. The colors are natural from the wood, and the finish is CA. This is a "WOW" pen !! Everyone that looks at it will say WOW, why did he ever bother to post that turd ?? I had a lot of time on my hands. Jim S

Sorry for the delay on the photos !!

Attachments

• DSCN0836 (800x527).jpg
    DSCN0836 (800x527).jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCN0837 (398x800).jpg
    DSCN0837 (398x800).jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 326
  • DSCN0838 (800x718).jpg
    DSCN0838 (800x718).jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I thought of the rings around the planet Jupiter as I was turning it. Jim S

Said the dyslexic astronomer as he looked at Saturn. ;)

Curly: Thank you for pointing out my misuse of words. Instead of rings, I should have said color bands. Saturn has rings around it and is monochromatic in colors of browns and grays. Jupiter has no rings to speak of, only moons, and has multiple colors bands throughout the planets surface. If you want to see the difference, look up both planets on the internet and click on the photos of each. As they say,there is a world of difference between the two. Jim S

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Jim, this maybe a mismash of parts and things but it all works. It looks like a new designer pen. Amazing what we can come up with. Thanks for showing.

Sprung

Definitely a unique pen - nice work bringing it all together! The wood looks to be crosscut Flamed Boxelder. Nice work!

Skie_M

Seriously, I'm a little disappointed ......

I came in here expecting to see something like one of Skiprat's masterpieces.

Well, the pen does look nice, and the fit and finish look great, but ..... I was expecting a tad bit more, ya know? :)

plantman

Seriously, I'm a little disappointed ......

I came in here expecting to see something like one of Skiprat's masterpieces.

Well, the pen does look nice, and the fit and finish look great, but ..... I was expecting a tad bit more, ya know? :)

Sorry if I disappointed you. But a rat rod/pen is not supposed to be a masterpiece, steam punk, show stopper, or WOW object !! It's purpose is to show what a functional item a person can make out of a group of unrelated parts. Tell me what a " tad bit more " you were expecting so that next time I can include it, if it fits into the theme. Jim S

Top Bottom