Rare Yellow Cedar Burl Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here is yet another of the Emperor fountain pens I've been working on lately. A rare yellow cedar burl loaded with eyes on a Emperor kit. What a wonderful smell while turning this one. CA finish. I'm getting this finishing thing down pretty good now :biggrin:

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 585
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 354

David Keller

That's beautiful. In fact, it's so nice that you couldn't sleep and had to post the photos at 3 o'clock in the morning.

islandturner

Here is yet another of the Emperor fountain pens I've been working on lately. A rare yellow cedar burl loaded with eyes on a Emperor kit. What a wonderful smell while turning this one.

An outstanding pen from an amazing blank.

Yellow cedar burl is one of my favourite turning woods and I agree completely about the odor. I think yellow cedar is the most pleasantly scented wood of them all. I'll run the occassional piece through the planer, and save the shavings in ziptop bags for use in potpourrie (sp?) turnings.

Great job...!

phillywood

Well, Guys, you all have given two solid pages of compliment to my friend Keith here on his pen,and I agree with you 150%, but guess what not only I agree with you all, but also I've got to feel and hold and see this pen in person. It looks nothing close to what you can see in the picture. it weighs and looks and feels elegant. On the other hands, I am lucky that Keith has been kind enough to have me in his shop and show me his finishing techniques and therefore watch out when my pens get finally posted here:)rolleyes:), because I have the pleasure of having a master teach me how to do them. :tongue::biggrin:
Of, course as you all say if no picture it hasn't happened, so do stand by until I flood the site with my pens. meanwhile I keep drooling over his pens til I get mine up( one of these days).
In conclusion, Just sit back and watch my friend Keith put up more pen pic.s on the site, since I witnessed him making some awesome pens lately. Then you all may have to order new keyboards as you would seriously need them.

Top Bottom