Random Segments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fitty

fitty

Today, I was experimenting with Maple Burl, Buffalo Horn and a small amount of Purple Heart with aluminum spacers. I was pleased with the results, be have some ideas on how to do it better in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0914a.jpg
    IMG_0914a.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

pretty cool. The contrasting colors work well together. My only thing is I think a chrome/rhodium kit would match up better with the aluminum spacers. Can't wait to see your next one though!

fitty

Brooks803 said:
pretty cool. The contrasting colors work well together. My only thing is I think a chrome/rhodium kit would match up better with the aluminum spacers. Can't wait to see your next one though!

Thank you for the feedback. Thought the maple would look better with the gold and didn't consider using chrome or rhodium, but makes sense.

Brooks803

Brooks803 said:

Thank you for the feedback. Thought the maple would look better with the gold and didn't consider using chrome or rhodium, but makes sense.

The maple and other woods/horn go great with the gold, just not the aluminum. I wonder how brass spacers would look or even copper. Brass might clash with the maple but only one way to find out :biggrin:

Carl Fisher

Looks very good and I like the wood selections, but one minor suggestion as touched on above regarding the metals.

Keep a stock of aluminum, brass, and copper on hand. Brass or copper are a little better match to any of the gold colored kits (gold, titanium, copper, satin, etc...) while aluminum looks better with any of the silver/chrome/rhodium kits.

Top Bottom