Random burl scrap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

394149_265106810216058_100001502242963_716608_1732043375_n.jpg

I had a random scrap of burl in a box that was WAAAAY too small for anything else. Barely bigger than a Corian blank. I saw a pen on a different forum posted yesterday and wanted to try the shape out. The blank was too narrow to perfectly emulate the shape, but it's still a nice one. I HATE trying to MM a CA finish on those high spots. I still need to learn to control it better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

That is a beautiful pen. You did a very good job on the fit and finish with that slim. I still that a Slim is the hardest kit to get a good fit and finish on. It is so small that even a tiny mistake comes out so large. You done good.
Charles

Drstrangefart

That is a beautiful pen. You did a very good job on the fit and finish with that slim. I still that a Slim is the hardest kit to get a good fit and finish on. It is so small that even a tiny mistake comes out so large. You done good.
Charles

Thanks! I'm hoping that's the case when I can afford some fountain pen kits and bushings and sone Zens. Part of why I do so many now. Trying to get the most bang for my buck when I invest in higher end kits.

Top Bottom