Rainy day pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Was supposed to mow the grass today, but awwww shucks...it rained a little:wink: Certainly doesn't bother me not to mow....I hate mowing towards the end of the year anyway.

Needed to make a few pens for a customer, so......it all worked out. Couple of Euro ballpoints....

DSC01117_18_19_20_tonemapped.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

Actually been awhile since I've made this many pens over a weekend. My lathe missed me, and I missed it too! Guess I could have wiped the dust off first? Figures, already got them boxed up and ready for shipment.

Thanks for looking!

Scott (nap time) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dulos

Thank goodness you did not waste all that time mowing. The grass would have grown back! But these pens will be useful for years. Time well spent. Both are nicely done but I have to admit I am partial to the cherry too. Paul

Lenny

Those are nice! :)

Couple of questions ...

Is this the set of components that needs the tenon cut for the center band or the new version where the CB is a seperate piece?

What color did you use to paint the tubes/blanks?

Nice pens! I'd really like to know where I can find that pink and purple combination. I've been looking for awhile and have been unable to find it until now!!

nick 55

I like them! Mad skills there, Scott. I have a few other ideas I need to run by you sometime.

Nick

SDB777

Those are nice! :)

Couple of questions ...

Is this the set of components that needs the tenon cut for the center band or the new version where the CB is a seperate piece?

What color did you use to paint the tubes/blanks?

Thanks....

Yes, tenons needed to be cut into the blanks(not fun).

And the tubes/blanks were not painted....brass colored tubes though.

Scott (tenons = long day) B

Lenny

Yes, tenons needed to be cut into the blanks(not fun).

And the tubes/blanks were not painted....brass colored tubes though.

Scott (tenons = long day) B

I've tried both versions and while the new one doesn't require the tenon to be cut I'm not convinced it is a better design. Basically a large, slip on centerband.

reiddog1

Scott,
Great looking blanks as usual. I got a lot of inspiration from your wife's castings. Both pens look great and are turned spot on. Good show!!

Dave

Top Bottom