Rainy day acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Rainy day equals two more pens to add to the collection, although the wife has plans for one of them. Don't think one is ever going to make it to a table to be sold....crapola, shes gonna start having to pay for the kits or something. Now most of ya'll know, I'm not a big acrylic turning kinda guy, but these were quick and fun to do while hoping for the rain to stop so I could go get my Black Walnut log from across town and mill some bowl blanks!

Picked these two blanks up during the Arkansas Pen Turners meeting last month! And I still have 3 super blanks to turn!!

Sedona Black Ti wearing a copper/golden swirled mixture:
IMG_0225.jpg

BTW, when did ArizoneShil decide to raise the price on these kits? The last ones I had ordered were around $11....and now they are over $19

Baron Brushed Satin with another swirly mix:
IMG_0222.jpg

Neither of these acrylics had the need for tubes to be painted, as I wanted the brass to reflect light back through. Under a halogen light, these both really light up, but the light tent doesn't show them off like I'd like...and the on camera flash doesn't help either? Oh well....
I guess I still remember where the 'ON' switch is for the lathe?

Scott (thanks for looking) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I think the sedona is my favorite out of the two. I really like the colors and the swirls along with the kit plating match up. The baron pen is nicely done as well, but just my personal preference would have looked really sharp with a bl ti kit. Don't let my preference take away from it though, it is a great looking pen too.

SCR0LL3R

They both look great, but I especially like the Sedona as well.

Kit prices have jumped almost everywhere over the last couple months, hopefully they stay where they are at for awhile now. I have noticed some kits have gone up by nearly $5! I may have to stick to cigars, streamlines and sierras if it keeps up.

Top Bottom