It Rained --- so...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Smitty37

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A while ago I went out to cut the grass and I made one pass around the back yard and it started raining --- not being a member of the "duck" family I put the mower back in the shed and came back into the basement. This pen was ready to go so I turned it. The wood is called Teal Maple, a type of dyed maple that I got from Tim McGill who is also the source of the bamboo in my previous Caballero Fountain Pen. I don't know if Tim makes it or buys it, but it sure is nice to work with. Finished with PSI lacquer based Liquid Friction Polish and HUT Perfect Pen Polish.

CABALLEROROLLERBALLTEALMAPLEONGUNMETAL 6-13-2014 2-45-28 PM 968x1208.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK Smitty. The pictures stink, I can't comment on the "fit and finish" as the pictures stink, the colors are great - no help from you!, and the kit looks great - also no help from you..............

Just continuing from a different thread on C & C.:redface:

Oh, from what I can see - I really like the pen!!!!!

(Sorry for the bad humor!):ghost:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

OK Smitty. The pictures stink, I can't comment on the "fit and finish" as the pictures stink, the colors are great - no help from you!, and the kit looks great - also no help from you..............

Hmmmmm.....it's not a picture as in PICTURE it is a scan taken in a jpg format. And it actually makes the pen look worse than real life.:biggrin::biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Hmmmmm.....it's not a picture as in PICTURE it is a scan taken in a jpg format. And it actually makes the pen look worse than real life.:biggrin::biggrin:

Yup! Suspected that. Seriously, looks very nice! Much better than clumpy grass....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Brief Respite

Actually, the sun came out and dried the grass enough so I could get it mowed --- good thing or I might have had to borrow a farmer's equipment and bale it. But, I did get a pen made....

Top Bottom