R&R

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Ransfield and Robbins .... A few months ago I showed Toni some clip designs to see if she wanted to collaborate. I wanted something light and of a specific diameter, so I made ebonite tubes. Even after stinking up her kitchen we're still talking and she was able to perform her typical magic. One false start on the silver and one redesign later I came out with a little more robust clip. Not perfect, but I think it works. One down - 2 to go.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• RnRO.JPG
    RnRO.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 899
  • RnRC.jpg
    RnRC.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 912
  • RnRClip.jpg
    RnRClip.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 905
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Well we come expect nothing else but perfection from Batgirl and Robbins....And we sure as hell got it..

ctubbs

The art produced on this site never fails to astound us mortals. Bruce and Toni, thanks for working so hard and then allowing us to observe.
Charles

Toni

Bruce you were holding out on me when it came to pictures!! Wow its gorgeous!!!!!!!

Oh those tubes the ebonite right? stinky buggers they were OMG thought the neighbors would think I was laying down a road in the house.

I just LOVE THE CLIP!!

OOPS

Batgirl and Robbins...... that's hilarious. This pen is visually fascinating. In picture one, when viewing it as a whole, I only noticed the blue roses. It wasn't until I saw picture two, with the cap removed, when I saw the beautiful butterflies outlined in black! The extra black ebonite causes them to be the focal point of the barrel. So this pen really makes a statement whether capped or uncapped. As for the clip, the top reminds me of a Mardi Gras mask. Was that the inspiration for the design?

A great effort from the "dynamic duo."

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Oh those tubes the ebonite right? stinky buggers they were OMG thought the neighbors would think I was laying down a road in the house.
Yep - this is the ebonite tubes - hope the house is aired out by now:)

As for the clip, the top reminds me of a Mardi Gras mask. Was that the inspiration for the design?
The clip design started when I first saw Toni's work. I think I like to design and make clips almost more than pens. The top part was modified from a butterfly tattoo pattern I saw; the oval design on the bottom was picked by Toni and Dawn from several sketched variations.

There's another clip in the works for this pen (which is Toni's) - just needs some tuning and polishing, so Toni can swap it out depending on her mood.

wizard

Great collaboration!! Beautiful pen and awesome clip. Looks great with the ebonite. You did a great job of wax carving. Have you carved any centerbands? Congratulations to both of you!
Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

wizard

Bruce, Beautiful !!! I know how much effort you must have put in to design
and carve the wax with the level of detail in the clip and band. Regards, Doc

Last edited:
Top Bottom