Quite a battle...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

This was quite a battle... between chunks flying out, the dummy doing the turning not realizing that his bright (and HOT!) new light directly over the piece being turned would make the CA activate immediately, and the new sanding disc refusing to stay attached to the 12" disc sander (gotta love that Frisbee imitation though :D ) I had a heck of time with this rascal... learned a ton though!

Anyway, it's Heritage Live Oak... chrome cigar, and a CA finish (sanded off about a bazillion times and reapplied)

<center>
HeritageOakCigar2.jpg

</center>

All comments and critiques gratefully accepted... thanks for looking :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

HAHAHA Thanks for the chuckle. Great job on not giving up. The pen looks great! That's a winner! I have to say that about 50% of my CA finishes end up being sanded off and Enduro applied.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by GBusardo
<br />HAHAHA Thanks for the chuckle. Great job on not giving up. The pen looks great! That's a winner! I have to say that about 50% of my CA finishes end up being sanded off and Enduro applied.

Thanks... I have never even tried Enduro... so I gotta keep at it! .... truthfully I am real comfortable with my CA finish... but I added this light that has a magnetic base so the light is right on top of my work ... and I had no idea is would heat the blank up so much!... the CA was going off the second I hit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom