Quilted Sapelle Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

On gold hardware, MM'd and finished with homebrew lacquer based FP and Ren Wax. Photo doesn't do it justice.

2005105161154_baronRB_quilt_sapelle.jpg

Thanks for looking and fell free to speak your mind. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Billy,
Your contours are not <b>too</b> deep, so I really like it. I wish I could see the chattoyance. I can tell it is there, but can't see into it. I can't take a good picture of curly maple. It looks great in one spot, but not in another, even though it is curly all of the way around. I hope to try a photo booth and spread out the light.

Now I wish I sold quilted sapele.
Rob[:D]

alamocdc

Thanks, all! Ron, I picked this up on my recent field trip to Woodturningz. In fact, I got 10. [:D] Ryan had it as the wood of the week a few months ago and after seeing it in person, I was wishing I had bought it then. Maybe we can talk him into putting it on special again soon. It really is great stuff!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice pen and a great piece of wood! FYI, Rob, the reason you can't see chatoyance in the pictures is because chatoyance is a 3-D effect. We see it in person since the objects are 3-D and we have stereoscopic vision, but in a picture our eyes can only see two-dimensions. If you see a photo with chatoyance (other than a 3-D photo), the chatoyance has been "created" with photo editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom