Quick update of Sierras just finished

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

It is a push to get increased inventory for the holiday season. Here are today's results. Sorry for quick photo in advance.

9EEBE9FF-9F2C-4581-9415-2562EBC66F0A_zpsxpwc52ma.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Man my eye was drawn to that same one and started thinking that is an old blank. I remember doing that blank about 10 years ago and it is still around. I can not remember where I got mine but bet it was Bear Tooth Woods. I use to get all my blanks from them.

mmayo

Where did you get that blank third from the top? I'm not a huge fan of orange but that looks great!!

It is a blank from a WoodTurningz called twilight racer. It is currently available from them. There is also one with black background called midnight racer, both attract guys or women who buy pens for guys.

Last edited:

keithbyrd

Very nice group of pen!! Nicely done Mark
Regarding the 3rd blank - Bear tooth woods has one very similar called liquid metal.

mecompco

Very nice! Is number six "Frost Bite"? I did up a Jr. Gent FP with that blank (that she picked out at Rockler's) for my wife and it came out really nice.

mmayo

Very nice! Is number six "Frost Bite"? I did up a Jr. Gent FP with that blank (that she picked out at Rockler's) for my wife and it came out really nice.

This blank is an alumilite from Exotic blanks called tectonic seas or wind song.

Last edited:

mmayo

I am looking for an alumilite version of the one called molten metal which is inlace acrylester. Any ideas?

Last edited:

mecompco

This blank is an alumilite from Exotic blanks called tectonic seas.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I love the pattern, and turning Alumilite is a treat compared to turning IA (though IA does finish up really nice in the end).

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom