Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hubert H

Hubert H

Greetings,

I'm new here but have a question. I think I notice that not many of you use PSI for your supplies. Why?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are other resellers of PSI products as well, http://woodnwhimsies.com/ and they are also cheaper. Even if they dont list it as in stock or as a stock item theycan get you what ever it is you wnat just email and ask them.

nava1uni

It is much nicer to get supplies from the people on this forum. Lots of wood, kits, etc at
very reasonable prices and it helps to support lots of smaller businesses.

Mark

I buy a good bit from PSI. Then again I live less than 20 miles from the showroom.

I recently put an order together for them. I ordered just shy of 150 kits from them. Shipping was $7.95 I have no problems with PSI.

My boss stripped the threads on a Majestic Jr. by trying to pull the cap off. I told them upfront what happened and they sent my a new insert within three days.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Lots of people do

A lot of members do buy from PSI but are not especially vocal about it, I buy from them myself but I seldom mention it. Who really cares where I buy my sandpaper. With 9000 plus members you can believe a lot of them buy from PSI.

On the other hand, there are some members who are very vocal about which vendors they like and which they don't. The "likes" are more often related to excellent service than to price. Buyers like to have problems addressed and resolved quickly and like to be treated like the vendor cares about their issue -- all the time.

SonOfMartin

I use PSI all the time and when I've needed customer service, they've been more than polite. Some posts indicate PSI has customer service issues but my experience has been otherwise.

I like their kits and have several of their tools.

No issues here for me with PSI.

ThomJ

I use a lot of PSI kits, just have started getting them from forum members. I get my blanks from IAP members

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
PSI was one of the first suppliers I learned of . . . then I found some of the resellers like WoodnWhimsies.com were members here and sold things with more savings and quicker shipping. They always try to get what I need asap and are great people to work with overall.

There are just some things only PSI makes. For me the long wait on shipping and shipping charge is more than I want to deal with.

Rangertrek

I have purchased $thousands from PSI over the past few years, including my first lathe. I still purchase from them, and they do have good customer service. They have always solved any issues I have had with them.

I also buy from AS, WNW, CSUSA, Woodcraft, and many others on IAP.
I try to buy from IAP members as much as I can, helps support small business and they all have helped me with tips, tricks, etc. in the past. Hard to beat IAP members.

nava1uni

PSI has always provided me with good service and their free pen turning DVD was very helpful when I was just starting to turn pens. I have always found their customer service to be very good and if something is wrong with a purchase, even months later they fix it with no difficulty and promptly.

Top Bottom