Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

I've tried to add pictures that are a thumbnail but cannot do it. Yes I read the help section thing. It said to use the Insert Picture part of the menu. When I do that there is nothing there under choose your image. Even when I choose main album. If you are able to do this, let me know how it is done. Makes load times quicker. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timdaleiden

Coach,

It is very easy. Instead of using the "paper-clip" and "Insert an Image File", thingy, or the other method, which I won't go into right now, just use the "Insert Picture" thingy right above where you write your text.

The image you want to thumbnail must be in your album, you must know what catagory it is in, and what name it has. Then just "Choose Album Catagory" and "Choose Your Image".

/forum/albums/timdaleiden/tn/tn_Ebony-Brass.jpg

It's just that easy. [:)]

Oh, and don't worry about not seeing what is right in front of you, I didn't see it myself for a while. Maybe Jeff could re-write the "Insert Picture" to read "Insert Thumbnail".

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
There does seem to be a bug in the Javascript behind those dropdown boxes for some browser versions. When a member has a large number of photos in a single album, the photo selection box does not show any photo files after the album is selected. Coach, you might be running into that problem. I am stumped on this one.

If you want to use thumbnails, you can insert them manually and link to the larger file. It's too late for me to go into the exact instructions, but looking at these two links, the first to the image, the second to the thumbnail,will give some of our web-smart members a hint and they can post details [;)] To get the thumbnail, just add the /tn folder and prepend tn_ to the file name. To get the link to the filename, look at the properties of the window that pops up when you view a picture. I'll try to get this bug squished as soon as I catch up on some sleep!

http://www.penturners.org/oldalbums/coach/pregame1.jpg
http://www.penturners.org/oldalbums/coach/tn/tn_pregame1.jpg

One PS... you might wonder where the thumbnail comes from... The server creates it automagically when you upload a photo. You might notice a slight difference (other than size, obviously) between the original image and the thumb. To make it a little clearer at the small size, the image processor "sharpens" the image a little (removes color noise).

MDWine

I've tried this quite a bit over in the test forum, I can't get it to work either!
I haven't played around with the links and making it "on my own" just yet, but early attempts failed.
..bummer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom