Quaking Aspen with antler centerband.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

new002.jpg

I know, I know, there's a booger right near the clip in the dark area. Looks like two small sanding marks very close to each other. Other than that, not too shabby.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Skye,

I like the materials, combination, and workmanship. It is a beautiful pen and a beautiful finish. From the picture, however (maybe just camera angle), the upper barrel looks, to my eye, a little short relative to the lower barrel. Do you have another shot more straight on?

Skye

Barry, it is shorter because I remove part of the upper half's wood in order to insert the centerband. I could try to remove material from both ends, but then I cant use the pen mill.

Sam, that's a gold Fancy Slimline kit from Woodturningz. It's one of my last gold kits, I need to start buying some Ti kits. I'm getting to the point where the turning is almost justifying a decent kit, lol

Thanks guys!

TBone

I'll say one thing for you. You've got finish figured out. I'd kill for that finish. Your center bands look great, looks almost inlaid. But it's not fair for you to point out sanding lines on your pens. We should be able to say we "see sanding lines" [:D] Heck I wonder how many would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. Next time an arrow pointing to it would help [}:)]

DocStram

Skye .... you will never, ever be able to post a pen here without us saying the words ... "sanding line". I like the proportions of the pen. It's one of those pens that I'd like to hold in my hand just to get the feel of it.

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Barry, it is shorter because I remove part of the upper half's wood in order to insert the centerband. I could try to remove material from both ends, but then I cant use the pen mill.

How about buying 7mm brass tubes (WoodturningZ has them) and then cutting to a length that takes your custom centreband into account. Your pen would look amazing if your upper portion were streched a little longer. Just a thought.

-Peter-[:)]

Skye

There's one or two ways I may be able to get it to happen, I'll try and give it a shot soon to see how it goes.

Al, I'll probably still have both of them so I'll bring them to BBville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom