Purse Pen for my LOML

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

The left over the antle was just under the size for a purse pen ( 1/16" shorter )so I glued some pick guard for the end cap and here's the result .

Serge

2005512115823_purse%20pen.jpg

2005512115850_lady%20purse.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Thanks everyone for your comments, this morning I will cut the 2nd antle for an FP.

Ho BTW any idee what to do with the antle button ? I mean the thick base of the antle.

Originally posted by jdavis
<br />Nice pen. Still not into antler.

One day it will come for you to turn some and you will like it .

Serge

Darley

Thanks Lou for the idee will do but I will end up with too many pen holders [:D] as the farmer going to send me some more antle to thank me for the pen, well I guest that I will sell pens with pen holders LOL.

Serge

Darley

Originally posted by rtgleck
<br />Nice work Serge... Good looking pen, and nice save on the length.. You could try and make the button into some Wine Bottle Stoppers maybe...

I thought about that but will use lots of CA as the starter of the antle is very porous, I might try one to see what is look like, thanks anyway for the idee.

Serge

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Serge,
take a look and see whether the refill is properly seated. It is sticking out quite a bit more than normal for this pen.

Darley

Originally posted by scubaman
<br />Serge,
take a look and see whether the refill is properly seated. It is sticking out quite a bit more than normal for this pen.

Yes I know so I did this one yesterday and I think is the type of kit, does anyone make this type of pen before ? or is just me

Serge

2005516222453_purse%20pen1.jpg
<br />

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes I know so I did this one yesterday and I think is the type of kit, does anyone make this type of pen before ? or is just me
I have made these, you need to seat the refill better. Push back on it, it doesn't slide in easily that last bit. Even on the completed pen, set it down on a pad and push the refill in

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Darley
<br />Thanks everyone for your comments, this morning I will cut the 2nd antle for an FP.

Ho BTW any idee what to do with the antle button ? I mean the thick base of the antle.

Originally posted by jdavis
<br />Nice pen. Still not into antler.

One day it will come for you to turn some and you will like it .

Serge

The button can be polished out quite nicely. They make belt buckles, bolo ties, caps on knife handles, lotsa things from them. You are limited only by imagination.
What kit was that dandy purse pen made from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom