Purple Swirl in a Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wolfdancer

Wolfdancer

Banned
This was the hardest blank that I have ever turned. I could make one swip with the tool and then its back to the Tormek for reshapening. But its well worth it. I love to turn the tru-stone.

Attachments

• 100_9460.jpg
    100_9460.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bdonald

Wow, looks awesome! Although it answers my question from another post I was going to do inquiring how hard it was to turn tru-stone :)

Bob

GoodTurns

Nice pen Rodney, love the trustone. It's not hard to turn trustone, trustone's just hard! sharp tools and patience make for very pretty pens (see above :biggrin:)

Wolfdancer

Banned
You will love it Bob its really fun turning this stone. There is only one seller that I know of and he is a really nice person. Here is the info its an IAP member. He is under the Business Classifieds and his name is **TRU-STONE** randbcrafts His name is Richard. He is out of Florida. I hope this helps.

Well, I am always up for new things, who's a good supplier for this?

Bob

Texatdurango

Nice looking Rodney! Next time you want to spend all day on a blank, try a piece of Chilean Lapis, it makes a beautiful pen but is, in my opinion, ten times harder to turn than the charoite.

And Just a reminder on hardness since it always come up in Truestone threads; Richard probably offers a few dozen different truestone blanks and out of all the ones I have tried, only three or four were noticably hard to turn while all the rest turn about the same or easier than most polyester resins.

bitshird

Rodney, the Charoite is bad even in the pliable Tru-stone I did a regular Charoite on an American with some I had from when we used to make jewelry, I have a bunch of the old original stuff, I had a customer that was too cheap to use real stone. I cheated, I used my metal lathe and carbide tooling, I want to try the new pliable Tru-stone it's supposed to be pretty decent in most materials, with the Charoite and Lapis being the hardest, you did a fine job on that pen.

Top Bottom