Purple&Red-conservative pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In the category, not likely to misplace, I received this order last weekend. E-mailed pics today, customer happy-BLINDED, but happy.

Purple Gents acrylester, Red Cigar fountain. The acrylester is really a stunner, but to show the right color purple, the background got ugly. Sorry. Yes, I will take suggestions. Thanks

2005415192818_pen2purprednet.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very pretty pens.. lovely colors.. but I agree with Tony.. something about a Cigar with a cap that turns me off.. it just looks like it would be very unbalanced... but to each his own... you did it justice.. and that is what counts..
I have found that reds and purples are hard to colorbalance for some reason... you might want to try shooting them against a neutral 18% gray background and spot metering on the pens... instead of setting up for average metering... can't hurt.. and digital film is free.. LOL

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Tom

I'm sure I will soon know what an 18% grey background is. Perhaps I could use my hair as background (hmmm, about 18% grey, well, close!!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To the pens, the cigar HAS to have the top "tipped". The pen is short without it. But, it looks nice closed and that sells them. Also, many of the fountain affectionados I meet are big on the cap "having a home" while they write.

To each his own.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Those are beautiful, Ed. My only suggestion would be for the top barrel on the Gent to be shaped a bit like the lower barrel.

woodwish

Ed, good job! I am usually not a fan of acrylic pens but these are nice. I wish I only had 18% grey hair, the only part I usally have that's not grey is the brown wood chips!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks everyone,

DCBluesman, I turn the pen to be comfortable for writing, it never occured to me to match the cap. I will try it on the next one I turn. Frankly, I think this pen is heavy and I really don't care for it, but I sell a few.

To others, yes it is a Penn State Kit. All my normal cigar pens are from Craft Supply because of the distinctive A on their artisan series. I wish they would introduce the companion kits (FP and RB). Instead, I turn this kit and buy a few cigar pens to match, without the A. PS claims, I hope it's true, that the tip is TN, so the only parts subjected to wear should be OK. Again, I hope it's true-I am always afraid of a dissatisfied customer coming back.

Over a hundred CSUSA cigar pens have been sold and EVERY customer I have heard from has been thrilled. I would love to be able to buy from them. (No charge, Nils)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom