Purple PVC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from turff49

turff49

A friend gave me a section of Purple PVC water pipe. I finally got around to cutting a piece out today. My niece is going to get a nice surprise in the mail next week. Purple is her favorite color! My wife saw it and now I've got to cut some more blanks out. For those wondering what Purple PVC pipe is for it's for "reclaimed water".

Attachments

• purple pvc pen.jpg
    purple pvc pen.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crickett

Nice shade of purple, more like a light violet. I've only seen green and blue in the PVC so it's great to see it comes in other colours as well.

A wonderful job on the pen, your niece will love it!!

MarkD

That's pretty cool. My grandaughters would love that.
Would you mind explaining what do you have to do to the pvc and how you finished it?

turff49

That's pretty cool. My grandaughters would love that.
Would you mind explaining what do you have to do to the pvc and how you finished it?

Actually turning PVC is just like turning acrylics. A little harder but not quite as hard as Trustone. Almost like turning Corian. After turning to shape then I wet sand to 12000mm and then use HUT Plastic Polish and buff it out at high speed.

As soon as I can take the time to cut up this pipe, it's 3/4" thick 16" diameter, and 32" in length, I'll offer some up. First thing was to cut a piece out and see what the end product would look like. I was definitely happy with the outcome.

Brian

gvanweerd

very nice. i'd better not show my wife this one. she'll have me scouting around for some of this purple pipe. :)

bruce119

Yes the purple is for reclaim water as blue is for drinking and green for sewer. Purple PVC is more common around golf courses as they use reclaim water to irrigate. California and here in Florida it is a very common sight.

Your pen turned out nice PVC turns very nicely and takes a great polish. I got a ton of this stuff in my back yard 1.25" thick. I made friends with a contractor a few years ago.

Top Bottom