Purple PVC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

Here is a pen I just got through turning. Purple Cigar in Satin Pearl with a Swarovski Crystal set on the clip. PVC is so easy to turn (except for the strings that are created and are a hassle to get off the lathe);) Kirk[8D]

004121332458_purple%20pvc%20cigar%20with%20crystal.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Great looking pen. Been looking to make one in purple, yellow, and white (Minnesota Vikings) for myself but PVC comes in too large and expensive sizes for experimentation. Maybe it will be just like the team - NEXT YEAR!

jkirkb94

Fred, I have been having trouble with my main computer so I have not seen the email yet. I will look when I get home tonight (presently at work). As soon as I can I will post the company where I got the PVC. I need to look at the invoice. The rods are 5 feet long and 0.75 inch diameter. They were about $10-11 each. Shipping was a little expensive because of their length. The company was quick in shipping. Kirk[8D]

jkirkb94

Here is an update: Modern Plastics at www.modernplastics.com. Look under the area that says PVC (duh).[:D] Kirk[8D] Fred, I'm sorry but I don't think I got your email. I have been having some trouble with my main computer. Send again if you can. I have also updated my email address.

daledut

If you are interested in pen blank sizes instead of 5 foot sections, visit my website at
http://www.acornforest.com/pvcblanks/pvcblanks.html

Or email me.

Rick Prevett

Dale, thanks for reposting your web address. Everytime I see a cool PVC pen, I think about when you set up this, but I couldn't ever re-find the thread. Look for my order soon.

rick

jkirkb94

Dale I'm glad to see you offer the PVC in blanks. Now more people will be able to make the PVC pens who would be turned off by ordering the 5 foot rods. I'm such a cheapskate that I have't cut mine into blanks because don't want to waste any of the pvc.[xx(] It does make an interesting picture of me trying to cut pieces from a 5 foot rod on my bandsaw![:D] Kirk [8D]

daledut

Kirk,

I stack the rods 10 together and wrap masking tape every 6 inches or so and cut them all as a stack.

The hardest thing is to hold up the 4 plus feet that hang off the edge of the bandsaw [:p]

jkirkb94

I hear ya. Thats a good idea on stacking them together. I am going to try to do a red/white/blue one as soon as I can! (I like that saying "as soon as I can") Easier to say than to do this time of year![xx(] I'm still trying to get the word out how easy it is to turn the PVC. It's a very durable material and polishes easily with MM wet sand. The few that I have made so far are some of the first ones that my customers notice. Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom