Purple Mosaic Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Had some time off this morning after stressful week. Finished it this A.M. It's a Purple Mosaic Italian Resin Kitless with a Polished #6 Medium Bock nib. Had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Edit:
1. I didn't have any Rhodium clips left so I just buffed the gold plating off the last gold one I had. I have some rhodium clips coming to replace this one.
2. I used a 0.252" reamer at the converter end of the section as I think George (Texatdurango) mentioned. The converter slipped in nice and snug.
3. I really like the mosaic resins:).

Attachments

• Purple Mosaic Kitless.jpg
    Purple Mosaic Kitless.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Purple Mosaic Kitless_1.jpg
    Purple Mosaic Kitless_1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Purple Mosaic Kitless_2.jpg
    Purple Mosaic Kitless_2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looking good Doc. I have some of that stuff now. Just a matter of time. Will have to wait for this one to cool down now too.:biggrin:

MartinPens

Really fantastic pen. The FP I bought at the LA Pen show was that mosaic material. I really like it. Would love to see it in purple. If you ever wander out to CA, let me know. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on kitless even though I have everything to do so. I really admire your craftsmanship. Great pen!

Robert111

Nice crisp lines, Doc! The square pattern mosaic and the lines of the pen work together perfectly. Does this magic carry over into the day job?:doctor::bananen_smilies051:

vanngo5d

Great looking pen Doc, love the material all the mosaic colors. Haven't been able to get any, it's always sold out. You should come to the Greater Houston Meeting and Demo your kitless I'm sure all would love to see. Planned for May 26th

Don Vann

alphageek

Former Moderator
I don't have much to add other than it is beautiful and I agree with your love of the mosaic resins!! My favorite pen in my stock is a Zen in the green/black mosaic.

Gilrock

I agree with George...your sections are looking great. I haven't tried using the #6 housings but visually it sure looks like you are able to create a much shorter section than what I'm having to do with a #5....maybe it's an optical illusion due to the larger diameter. I really need to buckle down and get a whole pen done.

oneptbuk

Love that blank. That mosaic pattern is really nice and perfect compliment to the clean straight design. Having never tried a kitless, I am really digging the clean simplicity of these designs. It really accents the materials and the workmanship, I believe. This pen and the previous black one by BigShed are my absolute favorites.

Texatdurango

I agree with George...your sections are looking great. I haven't tried using the #6 housings but visually it sure looks like you are able to create a much shorter section than what I'm having to do with a #5....maybe it's an optical illusion due to the larger diameter. I really need to buckle down and get a whole pen done.
No optical illusion Gil, you can indeed make a shorter section using the Bock 6mm nib/feed than you can with a 5mm nib/feed. Just make sure to design your cap at least .180" longer to allow for the longer nib.

Timebandit

No optical illusion Gil, you can indeed make a shorter section using the Bock 6mm nib/feed than you can with a 5mm nib/feed. Just make sure to design your cap at least .180" longer to allow for the longer nib.

Actually you can make a shorter section using the #5 nib/feed as well. I can make a #5 or #6 with the same length section, 5/8" and they work fine. Just more sticking out the back rather than the front.

Top Bottom