Purple Maple Burl and Gold Lotus RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jasontg99

jasontg99

Good Evening All (I am stationed in Japan),

Here is a dyed and plasticized maple burl in a 22K Lotus rollerball kit. The finish is CA, BLO, and plastic polish. I have been turning less than a year and I know I still have a lot to learn...that is why any comments or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lone Wolf

To me it looks like you got to learn more about photografy
than turning. The pen looks beautiful, but the photos are a bit poor.
A photo that shows the complete pen would be nice ( open + closed ).
And don't go too close; on the present pictures the pen looks a bit distorted.

jasontg99

Photos need work....agreed

I left my canon SLR at home when I was on leave in October. All I am left with is a point and shoot. I may have my wife mail my SLR to me. The command I am at is extremely busy, which does not leave me much time for sightseeing.....which is the reason I left the good camera behind.

maxman400

The Pen Looks Great. I use a point and shoot, Try shooting about a foot away (using the micro setting) then crop down to the Pen.

jasontg99

artme,

Really? You don't like the purple and gold? What kit do you think would have looked better (matching kits and woods is something I am still learning)? Thanks everyone for the comments.

artme

A personal thing I guess Jason.

The Lotus Kit is heavily decorated in itself and to match it with a very decorative blank in a colour that takes careful handling puts it in the Rococo field. For me at least.

I think a kit like the Statesman, which is more muted, would be a better match.

Yes, matching kits and blanks is difficult at times. Some people have a natural gift for doing this. Others, like myself learn through observation and experience.

Don't let my opinions scare you off. I admire your workmanship. I just have personal misgivings about that combination,

Top Bottom