Purple Heart for my barber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wounded in Viet Nam , I thought he deserved this pen , at least . Purple Heart on Copper Cigar . Thanks to John Goodin for telling me how to get this blank purple real quick . Thanks to AlphaGeek for other options . Finish is 8 coats CA , MM 12000 , PlastX and Renwax . Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smokey7385

Wounded in Viet Nam , I thought he deserved this pen , at least . Purple Heart on Copper Cigar . Thanks to John Goodin for telling me how to get this blank purple real quick . Thanks to AlphaGeek for other options . Finish is 8 coats CA , MM 12000 , PlastX and Renwax . Thanks for looking !

Ok, so how did you get the blank purple real quick??? :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, so how did you get the blank purple real quick??? :)
Thank you friends ! I placed it over the heat rising from my little propane heater in the shop , and turned it occasionally for about 10-15 minutes .

BTW , I'm sorry but the plating is actually Copper ! :redface:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you John . I just gave it to him today . He was delited for lack of a better word . Said that's the nicest thing anyone had ever done . Pitty huh ? I told him it was an honor for me to give him THIS pen , and wished him a pleasant Veterans Day . Some things ARE priceless . :wink:

bitshird

Chuck, I think it was a great gesture on your part, it's rather sad that so many others have not done something nice for the man, considering what he's done for them! It is a beautiful pen.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I think it was a great gesture on your part, it's rather sad that so many others have not done something nice for the man, considering what he's done for them! It is a beautiful pen.
Thanks Ken , that's pretty much the way I felt . I appreciate your comments .

PTownSubbie

Chuck,

That is an awesome pen and it matches the incredible gesture on your part! I am sure he was delighted to gifted such a beautiful piece of art!

That color is incredible. I am going to have to try that!!

Great job!!

Top Bottom