Purple "Freebie". Thanks Dawn!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

I had to make my fiance a foo-foo one today, I was bad so I figured this purple Executive would help out. Not So Much!! She's still mad!! Any suggestions? Should I put a cot beside my lathe? HA. This is a freebie I received from Exotic a couple months ago. It was a diamond in the rough. It is not what I expected. My typical 320-600 sand down, 10 coats of thin CA, MM to 12000, Hut and Ren. Thanks for looking. Any nice comments would be appreciated. I need them. Maybe she will see the light!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• CSC_0449.jpg
    CSC_0449.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Holy cow - if she doesn't want it, send it to me... My wife loves purple and would kill for this one.... Hmmm.. I have some of dawns purple, I hope it comes out even close to that cool looking.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Perhaps instead of a diamond in the rough you should consider a diamond in a piece of jewelry to sooth the savage beast.:rolleyes:

tim self

Nice pen. Aside from your screw up with the fiance, (agreed hang head and say sorry a lot) why are you doing a CA finish on PR? to much extra work. IMHO, have never needed one. If it's a matter of no MM, give this a try. Sand through 600 and then brasso followed by plastic polish. Found this out when rounding some square and wanting to see what would happen w/o the MM. I can't tell the difference after buffing.

shawnmhill

I like the way I can get the PR to shine up. I know it's a lot more work but I don't have my tripoli/white diamond wheels yet. I guess it's just a comfort thing for me. I know it will hold up to some abuse and I've actually gotten pretty decent at this finish. I would like to know more about the "Brasso & steel wool" technique. Thank you for the suggestion and comments. I can't learn if I don't know. Thanks again

wizard

Shawn, I think the pen looks great! Dawn sent me one of those blanks and haven't gotten around to turning it. Great job!! Man, you must have really irked Candice (sp?)
for her to not to like that. Regards, Doc

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You did a GREAT job on it Shawn!!

Just to save people from getting the wrong "stuff", that is an imported blank. In the "spring" series, that is, not surprisingly, lavender.

I do agree that CA is not really required with acrylics and polyresins, unless you have small bubbles. The "sand to 800, then buff or plastic polish" works great.

Maybe try, "It's 'spring', dear. You know, in spring a young man's fancy turns to.................."

Ok, maybe "spring flowers" might help???

Top Bottom