A purple fountain pen, with custom finial & centre band.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

A purple fountain pen, crafted from aluminium and anodised purple.

A custom finial and centre band were also machined and anodised for this, as the stock gold ones on the kit are awful :rolleyes:

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 368
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 330
  • finial.jpg
    finial.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Brad, I have never commented on your work but have admired it for years. You have it going on the stuff you do is one of a kind. I look forward to always seeing the next one. Great work Brad, keep it up.

Mike

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice Brad! The overall profile and the grooves are well placed. The top finial is very cool and looks attractive.

I'm looking forward to any further refinements - this looks very nice! D.mn you UK guys rock! :tongue:

Looking at the pictures further: The rings seem to have different depths as they progress down the blank - these match the overall profile of the pen, and are very complimentary! A nice touch.

Last edited:

BradG

Brad, I have never commented on your work but have admired it for years. You have it going on the stuff you do is one of a kind. I look forward to always seeing the next one. Great work Brad, keep it up.

Mike

That's kind of you to say so Mike :) Thanks for looking

Very nice Brad! The overall profile and the grooves are well placed. The top finial is very cool and looks attractive.

I'm looking forward to any further refinements - this looks very nice! D.mn you UK guys rock! :tongue:

Looking at the pictures further: The rings seem to have different depths as they progress down the blank - these match the overall profile of the pen, and are very complimentary! A nice touch.

Well spotted Mark! Yes, they're 0.75mm deep at the top, stepping down to 0.25mm at the bottom. mainly because I like the look of it, but any deeper and I would cut the pen in half trying to put a 1mm groove in the lower half with so little meat left as it tapers down :cool:

Top Bottom