Purple Acrylic Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cnirenberg

cnirenberg

Here is the latest. I used the new triple start set on it and built it around some refills from Staples. It came out pretty good, unfortunately these are the only pics that came out. I apologize, apparently I do need glasses, can't blame the camera. It's being delivered to its new owner by my 3rd grader or I would retake some new pictures.

Attachments

• 130_1400x1050.jpg
    130_1400x1050.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 129_1400x1050.jpg
    129_1400x1050.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That looks nice Cris. I'm wondering if any of the refill metal shows thru the blank where it's the thinnest on the nib end? I'm sure it all fits together. Nice work on the threads.

cnirenberg

I had an old Schmidt refill I was using as a template. They really don't write that good to be honest. I like the G2's but lost that pen. The Staples refills are close and write good and best of all inexpensive. They come with a bit of wax or something at the end to keep it from drying up. Probably not for the refill connoisseur but hey it was free....
Looks like it's absolutely awesome when fully assembled. And refills are easy to find? SLAM DUNK.

cnirenberg

Hans,
It did pose some setup difficuties. It is threaded 3 times. a 7Mx10 inside, a 10x1 for the barrel connection and a 12Mx.8 for the cap. As I do more of these, it never ceases to bore me with the routine. There is no routine, I guess that's what makes it fun.
Very cool. Your nose cone (nib) is different than others I have seen, but I like it!

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Not really. This acrylic was a bit more "busy" with the swirling and more opaque than I usually turn. I tried to leave more meat at the end and round up quickly. We'll see on the next one, I think it is time to turn a taper or two.
That looks nice Cris. I'm wondering if any of the refill metal shows thru the blank where it's the thinnest on the nib end? I'm sure it all fits together. Nice work on the threads.

hewunch

Hans,
It did pose some setup difficuties. It is threaded 3 times. a 7Mx10 inside, a 10x1 for the barrel connection and a 12Mx.8 for the cap. As I do more of these, it never ceases to bore me with the routine. There is no routine, I guess that's what makes it fun.
Very cool. Your nose cone (nib) is different than others I have seen, but I like it!

So it is actually 4 pieces and not 3? I only see 2 sets of threads, so color me cornfused :confused:

cnirenberg

Hans,
I use a M7x1 tap as a mandrel to hold it in the chuck when turning to final shape and finishing.
Hans,

So it is actually 4 pieces and not 3? I only see 2 sets of threads, so color me cornfused :confused:

Top Bottom