Pucker Up !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobleibo

bobleibo

I don't post a lot of my pens, hopefully these make the cut... had a client send me some Rolex parts and ask to have them made into pens. Turning these for myself is bad enough, if something goes wrong the only one who gets hurt is me but doing them for a client when they send the parts sends the "Pucker Factor" through the roof, I'm still trying to recover. These take forever to turn when you're afraid to put the skew too close to the blank!
We have lots of great blank makers here, but my go-to guy for watch parts blanks has always been Gary (Capt G). His style and craftsmanship is amazing. Being that he was out on the high seas, I had to wait for the blanks but it was well worth it!
Hope you like them
Pen 1 - Rolex Yacht Master on a Dragon kit
Pen 2 - Rolex Oyster Perpetual on an Emperor kit

Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• Rolex 2 Yachtmaster.jpg
    Rolex 2 Yachtmaster.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 467
  • Rolex Emp 12-2016 3.jpg
    Rolex Emp 12-2016 3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 447
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

:eek:You make pens?? :rolleyes: If you really did make these two here, you did good! :biggrin: Nice work by Gary too. :wink:

I know, who would'a thunk it huh? I'm still trying to figure out how it happened so somehow I can do it again !

Thanks for the nice comments but the credit is all Gary's. I'm just the guy who dusted off the Mona Lisa. Slowly.....very, very slowly.....

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Both are stunning! The blanks look flawless, and the turning is equally excellent.

Well done to both of you (can't you keep just one???)

You need to turn more often Bob. :)

jttheclockman

Gary is the best at these that I have seen so far here. His work is outstanding. Your touch to them was well done also. Someone has to bring it home. I do understand about the pucker factor. especially when it is for a client. Thanks for showing.

stonepecker

Wonderful work Bob.
For a little guy you ware some damn big boots. ( I would have said shoes but you ride a Harley)

Now that winter is here......you can spend more time in the shop.

Skie_M

Oh please .... I hear that round these parts, Real Men ride their Harleys while wearing flip-flops (and genuine leather chaps) ... :)

bobleibo

Both are stunning! The blanks look flawless, and the turning is equally excellent.

Well done to both of you (can't you keep just one???)

You need to turn more often Bob. :)

I'm hoping my client suddenly runs out of money and I can keep them both.

Wonderful work Bob.
For a little guy you ware some damn big boots. ( I would have said shoes but you ride a Harley)

Now that winter is here......you can spend more time in the shop.

The boots are not for the bike, they're to make me almost 5' tall but as long as my legs reach from my butt to the ground, I'm happy.
The shop is too cold in the winter, besides it's ski time! whooshin' shooshin' .. thump thump thump ouch ouch ouch

Skie_M

Should I mention that I regularly walk to the nearby store with up to a foot of snow on the ground wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops?

Yeah ... I live in Oklahoma, but I grew up in Alaska. It doesn't get cold here. :)

bobleibo

Should I mention that I regularly walk to the nearby store with up to a foot of snow on the ground wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops?

:)

I would probably keep that a secret ..... burrrrrrrrrrrr ~

RobS

Now that they are done. I'll tell you that those pens each have in the ball park of over $1,000 worth of Rolex parts.

Nicely done.

OLIVE WOOD

I'm glad you decided to post this pen. Amazing pen. Couldn't even begin to know where to start on a price. Heirloom quality. Outstanding job

OZturner

Absolutely Incredible Pens, Bob.
Faultless Blanks, Perfectly Arranged and Cast by Gary
Fantastic, Fit and Finish.
Respectful Treatment of Magnificent Watch Components.
Congratulations, to both "Craftsmen"
Brian.

Top Bottom