Pua Shell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's a beautiful blank by Jonathon Brooks called Pua Shell.
On a Black Titanium/Rhodium Jr. Statesman. Reverse painted a purple hue and used chameleon tubes. The pictures are a little dark and don't really show the iridescence of the blank but it's gorgeous. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Pua Shell Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    Pua Shell Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 302
  • Pua Shell Jr. Statesman.jpg
    Pua Shell Jr. Statesman.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Pua Shell Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    Pua Shell Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Pua Shell Jr. Statesman_3.jpg
    Pua Shell Jr. Statesman_3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

That is one amazing pen, Doc! I've got one of those Pua Shell blanks waiting to be turned as well. I really like how the purple reverse-painting looks! Very well done!

Timebandit

Nice Doc....this one came out real nice...Almost looks like some burly swirl in there....lots of movement

Great job

Justin

Bobalu

Really sharp! I think I got one of these blanks on my last order from Jonathon. Which of the Cameleon tubes did you use? Nickle? Black?

Scratch

Gorgeous Pen. I do have a question, On the clip end, is it supposed to be
that proud by the clip? I've never done a Jr. Statesman or Jr. Gentlemen
type pen but am wanting to branch out so I'm curious. Again, very nice work.
Scratch

Brooks803

Looks amazing Doc! I really like how that came out. Did you reverse paint at all or just used the chameleon tubes? Your work is beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Scratch, I don't think the blank is proud at the clip. I think it might look that way bc of the shadows and the background. If you follow the line of the actual clip you can tell it's flush with the barrel.

wizard

Really sharp! I think I got one of these blanks on my last order from Jonathon. Which of the Cameleon tubes did you use? Nickle? Black?

Thank you..Used the black tubes. Doc

Looks amazing Doc! I really like how that came out. Did you reverse paint at all or just used the chameleon tubes? Your work is beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks Jonathon...your blank made this pen!! Reverse painted the blank with two coats of Purple Ceramcoat and then used black Chameleon tubes. Doc

Scratch

Scratch, I don't think the blank is proud at the clip. I think it might look that way bc of the shadows and the background. If you follow the line of the actual clip you can tell it's flush with the barrel.

Ok I see what you are talking about. Thank You.

Top Bottom