PSI Majestic Jr - Playing with Photo Editor Software

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from randyrls

randyrls

Today I am playing with photo editing software and a PSI Majestic Jr. I wanted to show both the whole pen and a close-up of the centerband and finial.

What do you think??

1_temp5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Looks good. I think you could crop the left side and make it look a little better. Maybe use the "sharpen" filter if you have one in your software to sharpen up the close-ups. I think it would show the detail better since that's the purpose of the close-ups anyway. You might also take a separate picture of the finial from more of an upward angle to show the top as well as the side.

randyrls

Looks good. I think you could crop the left side and make it look a little better. Maybe use the "sharpen" filter if you have one in your software to sharpen up the close-ups. I think it would show the detail better since that's the purpose of the close-ups anyway. You might also take a separate picture of the finial from more of an upward angle to show the top as well as the side.

Showing the top is a good idea... Thanks.

I didn't sharpen the photo at all. Maybe I'll try that.

glycerine

Showing the top is a good idea... Thanks.

I didn't sharpen the photo at all. Maybe I'll try that.

Depending on the software you have, the sharpen filter can do some amazing things. I think alot of digital cameras are set to slightly "blur" the pixels by default, I guess so as not to make the pictures look too "digital". For a normal picture, you may not ever use it, but for a macro or close-up shot showing the intricate designs on some of the pen kits out there, it can really bring them out.

Top Bottom