PSI Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AlexL

AlexL

Hi I got my new pen kits from PSI and made a few of the Majestic pens this past weekend. These are really nice kits
icon_thumright.gif

This first one is a Majestic in black titanium and platinum in a black onyx acrylic

1_Pens_005__Large_.jpg

1_Pens_006__Large_.jpg

1_Pens_008__Large_.jpg

This next one is also a Majestic but this time the finish is 22k gold and platinum. This pen is made of feathered oak with a CA finish

1_Pens_009__Large_.jpg

1_Pens_012__Large_.jpg

The figure in this feathered oak is amazing!

1_Pens_010__Large_.jpg

This last pen is a Majestic Jr also in 22k gold and platinum. The Jr has a post able cap. I made this one from blue lapis Tru Stone. This is my first try with Tru stone.

1_Pens_013__Large_.jpg

1_Pens_015__Large_.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

flippin heck, my computer nearly crashed when the photos started to load :biggrin::biggrin: those are awesome pens

Munsterlander

Very nice.

You can also get majestics and majestic juniors through woodturningz.com for a little less than direct from PSI.

So far I've only done wood - you've got me interested now in the Tru Stone... anything special about turning or finishing it?

AlexL

Very nice.

You can also get majestics and majestic juniors through woodturningz.com for a little less than direct from PSI.

So far I've only done wood - you've got me interested now in the Tru Stone... anything special about turning or finishing it?

Thanks for the tip aboput wodturningz. I didn't see the majestics on their site.

This was my first try with Tru Stone but make sure your tools are VERY sharp. We had to resharpen a few times turning this one pen. Go slow and take light cuts. I used a splidlemaster to remove most of the material and a sharp skew to get to the final size.

pssherman

You won't find the majestics on Woodturningz site. You have to ask for them. Also, due to their cost and lower demand, they do not stock them but can get them fairly quickkly. They cost less then PSI, so if you can wait a little while they are your best choice.

BTW, they have a great number of items that do not show up on the website but are in stock. They have or can get everything in the PSI catalog as well as items from other suppliers. If you want something just ask them and they will let you know if they have it.

stoneman

Alex,
Beautiful pens. Like others, I also think the feathered oak is really nice. Beautiful work. How are the threads on the Majestic pens in terms of smooth operation and resistance to wear?

PostalBob

Really nice pens, and I love the CA finish. Really a nice pen. Love those Majestics and TY for that suggestion about Woodturningz might take a look?

mrburls

Great looking pens, but gotta say that feathered oak looks awesome. And your CA finish really brought out the grain. Great job.

Keith "mrburls"

AlexL

Alex,
Beautiful pens. Like others, I also think the feathered oak is really nice. Beautiful work. How are the threads on the Majestic pens in terms of smooth operation and resistance to wear?

Hi Steve, these are my first PSI pens so I have no idea if the threads are better or worse than other PSI pens. They seem to work fine so far pretty smooth.

Munsterlander

Thanks for the tip aboput wodturningz. I didn't see the majestics on their site.

They don't list even close to what they have on the site - if you have a PSI catalog (available on-line), just tell them the part number and they'll let you know if they have it in stock or have to order. I have gotten great service from everyone at Woodturningz! Incidentally, PSI is not letting them sell the new Noveau Sceptres.

Geez, I have to ask - where can I get some of that feathered oak?

(I see Paul already provided this info - but I still would like to find the feathered oak ;) )

Last edited:

AlexL

I stll have problems getting my finish to shine like yours what are you doing to finish it with that much shine?

Hi Jim, I went back to basics with a plain thin CA finish. I make sure any no pin holes, crack and voids are filled with CA first and I sane these spots by hand with the lathe off. Then I wipe a heavy coat of thin CA on the pen and allow it to soak in for a few minutes, sometimes I use accelerator. Then I re-sand making sure the pen is smooth with no pin holes. Then I start to build a finish a few drops at a time ad sane in between with 800. When the finish is finally smooth I sand to 12000 micro mesh and use Novus 3 step plastic polish with a micro fiber cloth. This pen took a few hours to get this finish.

AlexL

Geez, I have to ask - where can I get some of that feathered oak?

A friend of ours owns a sawmill and specializes in quarter sawn white oak. He found this wood in a 100 year old tree from his family farm. It comes from crotch wood. He gave it to me to make pens for him and his wife and I have a few pen blanks left over. He said he has never seen grain like this in oak that was not a burl in all his years of milling wood. To get this board he had to waste a lot of wood so that may be why you don't see it often.

JohnU

Great looking group of pens! I especially like the first two and think your kit finish selection is perfect for each blank. Very EXPENSIVE looking.

Rusalka

Nice looking pens but let me warn you that I got the Majestic Jr. and the finish was flaking off. Still fighting with PSI on the replacement.

Top Bottom