PSI magnetic necklace pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

I had a customer that has been begging for a good necklace pen and PSI recently came out with one. I had to try it and i wasnt disappointed. The bushings are a must, though I was missing the post end and used calipers for this. When you part for the center band you should not part all the way to the sleeve, as the instructions implore, for proper fit. On the next one I will leave 1/32 of an inch for sure. I will also leave the exposed end of the body a bit proud of the bushing as it is a bit small when it meets the CB.
The magnet feature is quite good and i see no problems with it. I work with many sales ladies and I expect this to be a good product for them and me. If i see one drawback it is the weight, though a tad heavy, that also makes it feel like a better product (that's what I will tell them, anyway)
This is a true stone white marble. I would not recommend using wood as the material is exposed on the body. If you do, I'd make it something like cocoblo or desert ironwood, one that wont easily splinter.

Attachments

• IMG_1170 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1170 - Copy.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1189 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1189 - Copy.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Nice looking. Maybe if made from acrylic the weight would be reduced a tad. Also it might be less apt to break or crack if it gets knocked against something

dontheturner

It looks good Glenn. I don't know how many people would wear a pen as a necklace though.
I produced loads of ''Nurses Pens'', in the UK. and had no difficulty selling them. At £7 each, my Doctor ( A female) would come and get them ten at a time. They were slightly better than these appear to be, though, because they had a push button device, to free the pen.- However, the nurses were not allowed to wear necklaces, so they wore them, inside the uniform. Only one nurse, would let me check she was wearing it! dontheturner

el_d

I produced loads of ''Nurses Pens'', in the UK. and had no difficulty selling them. At £7 each, my Doctor ( A female) would come and get them ten at a time. They were slightly better than these appear to be, though, because they had a push button device, to free the pen.- However, the nurses were not allowed to wear necklaces, so they wore them, inside the uniform. Only one nurse, would let me check she was wearing it! dontheturner

:eek::biggrin::biggrin::wink: You go Don!!!

Great job Glenn. Maybe an Alumilite acrylic would suit the abused pen better being that it is not as delicate as PR and True-stone.

Last edited:
Mt wife is a sales person for the same company and said she wont wear it, however many would, not as a necklace, but as a readily available, necessary part of their business supplies. Womens business suits dont have pockets for holding things like mens suits do. Some of my salespeople have a chain they just hook a standard pen clip over.

It looks good Glenn. I don't know how many people would wear a pen as a necklace though.

Top Bottom