PSI Gun Metal Trimline dress in Zebrawood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Here is the first pen I've turned in a while. Evelyn has a number of my pen but most are bigger then she likes. I told her I had trimline kits that I'm sure she would like. I had her pick out a blank and she chose a Zebrawood blank from group she got me for Christmas she also picked out the gun metal finish kits. I think she had a good choose of blank and kit. The finish is WTF. This pen took a while to make as I cant move very fast on crutch's. I'm happy on how it came out. As always any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

That is dedication....chasing the lathe around on a crutch!

I just used some WTF today....very cool stuff. I can see you had good results from it too!!!

Scott (nicely done) B

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm getting better at turning while I'm setting. SDB777 I know your going to like using WTF a lot on most of my projects I use 4 coats wait about 2 min. then sand with 3600 MM I follow that with 6 to 7 more coats and after about 30 min if I'm a hurry or about 3 hours to the next day if I'm not then I polish from 6000 to 12000 MM. Some folks may say I put to much time in to finishing. I think it well worth it in the final product.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Ray I guess no fuss is a good way to describe this pen. It was sure nice to be able to make a pen and it did help me with learning how to sit and turn a bit better.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Jim. As long as the weather and we don't get any more snow or ice I can make my way to the garage to cut, drill and trim my blanks I can do a little turning. I hope that's the case as I'll be off work for another 3 weeks.

OZturner

What a Pairing,
Evelyn, choses the Blank and the Kit
Dan adds a little labour and skill.
No wonder the result is such a Special Pen,
Excellent Fit and Finish, to a Great Blank, and Kit.
What else do you Need?
Congratulations and get well soon Dan.
Brian.

Krash

Nice pen Dan. I like the simple classic look of a functional wood pen. Looks like you nailed the fit and finish execution. I'll have to look into trying the trimline kit!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Don I don't think they make wooden crutches any more but if they did they wood make some nice pen. Thanks for all the great comments I have to say if nice to be able to turn a pen even if it does take a bit more time.

stonepecker

Neat looking pen
It matters not how long it took........And the finish is what 'makes' the pen in the final product. How can anyone say you put to much into something that makes you feel great?

Keep it going Dan, Take your time. Heal completely. We have your back.

Top Bottom