PSI Gatsby pens...chestnut and cherry burl and

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Justholler

Justholler

These Gatsby pens ended up being a little different than I expected. The connections to the wood are more forgiving but not as sharp looking as I wanted. The cherry burl finished out much to my liking and the wormy chestnut really gives a nice brown accent to gold components. I dipped the cherry in vintage cherry dye and then in some cinnamon dye. CA topcoats

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalper

Nice pens!

I've made one of those, and have another kit in the box, but somehow that style just doesn't do it for me. Something about the shape of the hardware or something??

Anyhow, you did a nice job on them.

Dan Masshardt

I just started making some of the gatsbys with chrome and gunmetal like one of yours. Really like that combo for the price range and it feels pretty solid to me. I'm not a fan of black enamel on anything so the regular sierras / other Gatsby finishes are ones I'm not planning on using.

I like both of your wood choices.

The bottom pen seems to have an issue at the top of the barrel though - it appear to be uneven on the end. I know pictures can exaggerate things as well.

On second thought it could just be the pics messing with the reality. That can happen!

Keep on turning. Love seeing more pens. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom