PSI COMPSON - finished a couple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

Just finished 4 Compson kits and thought I share a couple pics and some observations.

1 - It's a click style pen (personal preference).
2 - The styling is good. I esp like the sculpted clip. It sits in a shirt pocket just fine. I also like the beaded center band as opposed to the "machine etched" style you see on most pens in this price range (and above).
3 - This relates to style - not too big, not too small. Nice ergonomics/balance - feels good in the hand. Should appeal to both men and women.
4 - Assembly couldn't get much easier. It'll be hard to screw this one up.
5 - Parker-style refill.
6 - Price - They start under $7.
7 - 3 finishes (chrome, blk T/N & gold T/N).

Dislikes:
1 - The guage of the stamped clip seems a little on the thin side
2 - The black plastic tip pushes this toward darker body blanks - either wood or (esp) plastic. See the pics.
3 - I may be getting REAL picky here. Although I like the styling, I wonder if it might be too "vanilla" to sell well. I have my first show this weekend. These 4 will be there. We'll see.

Attachments

• Compson blkTi a.jpg
    Compson blkTi a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 403
  • Compson chrome a.jpg
    Compson chrome a.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thank you for the review. I received my catalog the other day and those caught my eye because of the clean lines. How long is the tube? Looks like PSI got this one right.

Christopher - Didn't measure the tube but the overall length of the pen is about 5 1/4". Nice, also that this is a 3/8" tube - they're available everywhere.

cwolfs69

having done a few shows i have a feeling that that purple bodied pen will not be on teh table long. some advice, who am i to give advice), in most mid range venues anyway, purple is one of the most popular colors you can carry. good luck on your show and let us know how you do.

76winger

I've noticed them in the offering now as well. Would I be close in guessing they might be about the same body length as the Executive line?

I am interested in seeing how long the click lasts. That is my big concern as clicks have caused about 80% of my service issues.
Great looking pens, glad they made it a bit longer making it more pocket friendly than the shorter Gatsby size pens.

Last edited:

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
I just got an email from PSI stating they are 15% off this kit and other new items thru the 15th. I'll have to try a few.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Looking on PSI's website, they recommend a 3 1/4 inch long blank, which would make it a little longer than the Executive and polaris models, which are 2 7/8 inch.

Yeah.. but sometimes they're not very specific.. The first thing I did was
to download the instructions, which said to cut a blank 1/16 longer than
the tube. :rolleyes:

toolcrazy

Those are some very nice pens.

I saw them in the catalog, too. I like the look with the clean lines and lots of room to show off the blank. My experience with PSI clickers, and other for that matter, is assembly. If you are careful, they last pretty good, if you careless, then they fail.

nava1uni

Nice looking pen, but I wouldn't judge it's value by one show. I have found that different markets gravitate toward different styles. Some shows everyone buys Sierras and then at the next show no one buys even one, but another style is popular.

Top Bottom