PSI 50 Cal Flip Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryT45

GaryT45

I tried one of the PSI 50 Cal Flip pens.

This pen is available as either a rollerball or a ballpoint (with a Parker refill). As a ballpoint, it has a spacer attached to the Parker refill to make up the difference in length between a Parker refill and a rollerball refill plus the spring.

I see some potential problems with it
There is a O-ring at that seals the pen in the casing - which means that removing the pen to use it is a 2 hand operation - one hand to pull the pen out of the casing, the other to hold the casing. (I had to file the inside of the casing down to get the O-ring to fit inside.
I'm worried that action of removing the pen to use it and putting it back in will, over time scratch the body. (It is a relatively tight fit). In fact, I learned that you need to check the fit of the blank into the casing BEFORE you assemble the pen. I know I turned it down to the bushings, but it was just a little wider about a half inch up from the bushing. A wood pen with a CA finish will have to be turned down below the size of the bushings, and sanded and tested until it will fit, so some extra time and care there.

371 01.jpg371 02.jpg371 03.jpg

Top Bottom