Proud owner of 2 new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mrs. Charlie_W

I always make a point to talk about pen turning when I see one of my students with a hand turned pen they made in their Tech Ed class. It is fantastic to watch students that might not have a lot to say to suddenly get excited and talk about how they made their pen. Well last week I had two students with their pens and when I asked, they talked about all the different woods and what they can make. Then I was asked if I would like to buy a pen. They had quite the sales pitch too. I never turn down a student selling pens since the profits allow them to purchase more pen kits. I am now the proud owner of two new pens. :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 298
  • FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 186

magpens

Lovely !!! . I see that one even has your name on it !!

I think it is great that high school Tech Ed curricula in many parts of the US and Canada now include some introductory lathe work, including the turning of a pen ! . I wonder how many of those teachers are aware of IAP. . I think it would be nice if more of them joined IAP and also made their students aware of the fantastic educational resources and camaraderie that are available here. . I do know of a couple of high school students who are members here.

Last edited:
Lovely !!! . I see that one even has your name on it !!

I think it is great that high school Tech Ed curricula in many parts of the US and Canada now include some introductory lathe work, including the turning of a pen ! . I wonder how many of those teachers are aware of IAP. . I think it would be nice if more of them joined IAP and also made their students aware of the fantastic educational resources and camaraderie that are available here. . I do know of a couple of high school students who are members here.

Thank you for taking time to comment. I really appreciate you understanding how important and proud these teenagers are with their work.

I would like to think they will stick with this or come back to it at a later time. I know my hubby wouldn't be turning pens today if it wasn't for our daughter taking shop and coming home so excited about turning a pen. She was the catalyst to get him turning again.

Top Bottom