Prototype #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

These are photos of Prototype #2. Baron FP in Bloodwood. Please excuse the fingerprints. I thought I had wiped them all off. All comments and criticism welcome.

2005830164445_BaronClo4A.jpg

2005830164522_BaronClo3A.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I am a fan of the Baron. And your pen takes it a step beyond. You, and a few others, have shown off some closed end pens lately and that concept is really growing on me. To my way of thinking, we are looking for pens that will generate admiration when pulled out of a pocket. Your's will do that. Beautiful wood really makes it an eye-popper. Status [8D] for less money than a Rolex or Porsche. [;)]

its_virgil

Very nice John. I hope you will bring your tooling for this pen to SWAT and share how you made it. Or heck, even make one during the free turning times. Are you using a pin chuck? On a mandrel with the tail stock? I'll show you how to put a pen in a gavel handle and you can teach me how to do a closed end baron. I do like the shape!
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />These are photos of Prototype #2. Baron FP in Bloodwood. Please excuse the fingerprints. I thought I had wiped them all off. All comments and criticism welcome.

2005830164445_BaronClo4A.jpg

2005830164522_BaronClo3A.jpg

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
John, beautifully done... I like the shape on this one a lot better... does not seem to be a big change, but enough to make it special.... Don't be surprised if I steal the idea for my solid body Barons... [}:)][}:)]

elody21

I Love it!! Bloodwood is one of my favorite woods and you sure did it justice! Stunning!

Deere41h

Thanks all for the very nice comments.

Don....I Will be prepaired to show you how I did it at SWAT but Anthony says you have to use your own tools. I can't affort to loose any.

Rich....I appreciate your comments.

Tom.....No steeling involved since it's not copyrited and I probably saw something like it that gave me the idea. I do want to see what you come up with though.

Anthony....I will make Don use his own tools. Sent funds yesterday for the nibs.

Thanks again

CPDesigns

I like the shape a lot. Looks a bit like the handle on my skew now that I think of it. Hmmmm....[;)] Probably very comfortable. I tend to go for the more "stylish" (read: wacky, wierd accents, inlays, or boo-boo's that were 'intentional'[:)]) so I'd love to see maybe just a nice little inlay band or two to make the bloodwood really pop. Outstanding work! (that gives me an idea or two...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom