As Promised

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ROOKIETURNER

ROOKIETURNER

I finish the second PC pen. This is the one that my daughter rolled and twisted the blank. I was afraid that the Poly Clay was not work enough and that it would cause the blanks to blowout, but they didn't.

Here is another tip, if you decide to turn the PC. Stop every few minutes to let the clay cool. Even though it is cured in an oven, it will get soft when heated. Turning is not bad, but when you sand, wet sand and give a few minutes once it heats up.

Also before you get to close to the bushings, remove the blank and put a little thin CA on the ends. (Make sure it doesn't go into the tube. DAMHIKT)

DSC04030sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

Very Very Very nice!! Love the shape...mental note needs a mini lathe to play with(I mean learn) birthday is in a month...hummm......

I guess I should have told you about pc doesnt like to get hot once it has already been baked gets soft... I wet sand with a little dishwashing detergent.

What does your daughter think?

ROOKIETURNER

I learned the hard way. But I will never make that mistake again! My girls are loving this project, and keep asking for me to take them back to the hobby store to get more clay. I think I have to take three little girls to the hobby store tomorrow.

cnirenberg

Rob,
Wow. That came out fantastic. I really love the colors and swirling effect in the clay blank. Great job with it. Here is the best part, you are getting to spend time with your kids doing something you all like. Good for you.

CHICAGOHAND

One of these days I will be able to make a pen or two instead of just watching you last night make that one.
Adam needs to get his own lathe, instead of abusing mine all the time.
Seriously folks Rob and a couple other guys are having a blast on Thursday nights over here. It gets real interesting when all three lathes are turning, the vacuum is on and someone decides to sharpen a skew on the grinder without shutting his lathe off.
My signature might help understand why I don't mind turning in the dark.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I really like the way the blue twists into white from one end to the other.
Looks great:biggrin:

Padre

Rob, tell your daughter congrats! That is a cool looking pen.

Top Bottom