Profession Pen #3 : The Mechanic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Made from a 1/4 craftsman deep socket, 9 nuts (one is stainless steel for the cb) a .032 feeler gauge for the clip and a stainless steel bolt for the top cap.
Comments welcome.

2006116225838_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Spike, while I find you profession pens to be very imaginative, I'm curious in knowing if any of them actually write. In other words do you have a transmission mounted in any of your creations? Or is it simply the image that you are trying to convey? The 'pickle' pens were in jest but are yours to be taken serious? Just curious so please don't take my questions in a negative way.

-Peter-

Spike

they are totaly serous. each and every one of them write. what would be the point. they do write but i wouldn't write with them for very long. this one expecialy. way too heavy. the electricion of acually quite nice to write with.

rtparso

As a ex-mechanic (with scar tissue, bad back, and heal spurs to prove it) I like the pen. One idea you could use an extension for the top half. Drilling the extension would be fun as it is hardened tool steel.

Spike

Originally posted by rtparso
<br />As a ex-mechanic (with scar tissue, bad back, and heal spurs to prove it) I like the pen. One idea you could use an extension for the top half. Drilling the extension would be fun as it is hardened tool steel.
I had thought about using and extension but i didnt have the right kind of drill bit. Even with a titanium bit I still think it would take a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom