Profession Pen #2: The Electrician

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

This pen is made from common electrical parts.
(wood) heat shrink body. handmade cb made from copper ground wire.
the clip is made from a ring terminal sordered to a piece of wire which is sordered to a alligator clamp. Satin nickel other parts.

200618212025_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

Spike, On the home page, check through the articles and see the pen made by wrapping copper wire around the tubes and then flooding the windings with solder.

I admire your inventiveness, but ......... maybe "shocking" would best descibe this effort?![:0][}:)]

Spike

Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />Spike, On the home page, check through the articles and see the pen made by wrapping copper wire around the tubes and then flooding the windings with solder.

I admire your inventiveness, but ......... maybe "shocking" would best descibe this effort?![:0][}:)]
Ive seen that one. I don't really like too much. I do not like the idea of metal flying at me at really fast speeds. becides I am trying to keep everything looking as stock as possable. that pen doesn't look like wire.
That is heat shrink on wood.
Im still working on it. The clip will get neater.

pete00

cute..Ahh what the mind can come up with. I think the clip is a little rough. But i cant suggest anything to make it neater looking sorry. Wait ! a brain flash,
i think i saw a fuse puller some where that looked like a cloths pin.
Well mabey not a flash.

Spike

Originally posted by pete00
<br />cute..Ahh what the mind can come up with. I think the clip is a little rough. But i cant suggest anything to make it neater looking sorry. Wait ! a brain flash,
i think i saw a fuse puller some where that looked like a cloths pin.
Well mabey not a flash.
Yeah that is what i need to fix. ( Im not the greatest sorderer in town). the sorder wouldn't stick to the ring terminal. the plastic part wouldnt go back on. I'll leave it off next time. I tried rapping the top with electrical tape but it made it look worse.
Thanks Ill work on it tommrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom